Nashville Symphony Unveils Lineup for Free Day of Music 2018
13th annual event takes place on Saturday, October 27
with 25 performances, beer garden, food trucks, family activities, ticket discounts and more
Nashville, Tenn. (October 8, 2018) — The Nashville Symphony has released the full lineup of performers for Free Day of Music 2018, taking place on Saturday, October 27, from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Schermerhorn Symphony Center.
The 13th annual event – part of the Nashville Symphony’s commitment to making music accessible for everyone in Middle Tennessee – will include 25 free performances on four stages, featuring everything from classical and jazz to rock and country.
The GRAMMY®-winning Nashville Symphony kicks off the festivities with a free concert in Laura Turner Concert Hall at 11 a.m., and the full schedule for the day is as follows:
Laura Turner Concert Hall
11 a.m. – Nashville Symphony
12:45 p.m. – Music City Brass Ensemble
2:15 p.m. – Nashville Symphony Chorus
3:45 p.m. – Organ Recital with Andrew Risinger
5:15 p.m. – Nashville Philharmonic
6:45 p.m. – Gale Mayes & Friends
8:15 p.m. – Nashville Salsa Machine
One Symphony Place
12 p.m. – Sonja Hopkins Jazz Band, presented by the National Museum of African American Music
1:30 p.m. – 5 Points Swing
3 p.m. – Quiet Entertainer
4:30 p.m. – Vicki Reid Band
6 p.m. – Choro Nashville
7:30 p.m. – Lars & Laura
Curb Education Hall
12 p.m. – Q&A with Nashville Symphony Assistant Conductor Enrico Lopez-Yañez and Nashville Symphony Chorus Director Tucker Biddlecombe
1:30 p.m. – Student ensemble from the Nashville Symphony’s Accelerando program
3 p.m. – MET Singers
4:30 p.m. – Nashville in Harmony Chorus
6 p.m. – Chatterbird
7:30 p.m. – Misha Robledo
12 p.m. – Avalon Mirabel, presented by YEAH!
1:30 p.m. – Wu Fei
3 p.m. – The Front Steps
4:30 p.m. – J Pierson, presented by Southern Word
6 p.m. – Alison Brazil & the Roots of Rhythm
7:30 p.m. – Belmont Bluegrass Ensemble
Free Day will also feature:
- Halloween and Day of the Dead themed family activities, presented in collaboration with Conexión Américas and Kidsville, including face painting, a costume contest with ticket giveaway and more.
- Enhanced accessibility and sensory-friendly offerings throughout the day, including quiet spaces, ASL translators for select performances, and other supports.
- The Symphony’s popular Instrument Petting Zoo, which offers music lovers of all ages a chance to try out a variety of musical instruments (11:45 a.m. –3 p.m.).
- Some of Nashville’s finest food trucks, in collaboration with Mesa Komal from Conexión Américas, including Burritos La Mina, Oliver’s Ice Box, Two Peruvian Chefs and a Truck, Two Thompson’s Airstream.
- No handling fees on all concert tickets purchased at the Schermerhorn Box Office.
- A spooky story corner presented by The Bookshop (11:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.).
- An outdoor beer garden presented by Craft Brewed.
- A photo booth.
More information about Free Day of Music activities and all event performers
is available at: NashvilleSymphony.com/FDOM